WHAT IS YONSA®?
YONSA® (abiraterone acetate) is a prescription medicine that is used along with methylprednisolone to treat men with prostate cancer that has spread to other parts of the body and no longer responds to medical or surgical treatment that lowers testosterone.
It is not known if YONSA® is safe and effective in females or children.
How an innovative formulation impacts your treatment plan
Understanding your diagnosis
As you may have learned when you were diagnosed by your doctor, cancer cells can spread locally to normal tissue; regionally, to nearby lymph nodes, tissues, or organs; and to distant parts of the body. When this happens, it is called metastatic cancer. The process by which cancer cells spread to other parts of the body is called metastasis.
Going beyond the diagnosis
Abiraterone acetate is an antiandrogen medication commonly used in the treatment of prostate cancer, usually in combination with a corticosteroid. It is specifically indicated for use in the treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer, or mCRPC.
This therapy inhibits the production of androgens like testosterone and dihydrotestosterone in the body, preventing the effects of these hormones in the prostate and where the cancer cells may have spread.
Males who have female partners who are able to become pregnant should use effective birth control (contraception) during treatment with YONSA® and for 3 weeks after the final dose of YONSA®. Females who are or may become pregnant, or who are breastfeeding, should not handle YONSA® tablets if broken, crushed, or damaged without protection, such as gloves. YONSA® can cause harm to an unborn baby and loss of pregnancy (miscarriage).
YONSA® may cause fertility problems in males, which may affect the ability to father children. Talk to your healthcare provider if you have concerns about fertility.
YONSA® offers another option in mCRPC therapy
You have a lot on your mind. That’s why we’ve created YONSA SUPPORT®. Our case managers are experts in prescription benefits and insurance coverage and may be able to help you find the right financial option to fit your needs and eligibility. The benefits of YONSA SUPPORT® begin as soon as you enroll and include:
assistance from a
Co-Pay Program (eligible, commercially insured patients)*
The YONSA SUPPORT® Co-Pay Card Program helps eligible, commercially insured patients access their YONSA® prescriptions.
- Patients can check eligibility and activate the co-pay card by visiting ActivatetheCard.com/7702
- Eligible, commercially insured patients may pay as little as $10 for each fill of a YONSA® prescription, subject to a maximum program benefit per fill
- Maximum benefit of up to $12,000 per calendar year*
Patient Assistance Program (PAP)†
Patients who are underinsured or uninsured may be eligible to receive free medication. To get your patients started with the Patient Assistance Program, simply complete the YONSA SUPPORT® Patient Assistance Program Application, which is available below.
*Subject to Terms and Conditions below.
†Income documentation is required.
How to enroll
Simply fill in the PAP Application Form available for download here.
If you have questions, please contact YONSA SUPPORT® at 1‑855‑44YONSA (1-855-449-6672)
Co-Pay Terms and Conditions
To participate in the YONSA® Co-Pay Program ("Program"), you must present this card, along with a valid prescription for YONSA®, to your pharmacist. Patients with commercial health insurance who qualify to participate can pay as little as $10 per month for one YONSA® prescription. The maximum benefit allowed under the Program is $12,000 in each calendar year and no more than $5,000 for each individual prescription filled. Enrollment is subject to the Eligibility Rules and Terms and Conditions, stated below. If you have any questions regarding Eligibility, the Terms and Conditions, or to discontinue participation, please call 1-855-984-6307 (8:00 am-8:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday).
- To participate in this Program, you must have commercial health insurance and be a resident of the United States (excluding patients residing in Massachusetts), Puerto Rico, Guam, or the Virgin Islands
- The following patients are ineligible for this Program:
- Patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, the Veterans Affairs, the Department of Defense, or have prescription drug coverage under any other federal or state program
- Patients with no insurance
- Patients who have coverage that imposes no co-pay or co-insurance charge (i.e., insurance covering the full cost of YONSA®)
- If the FDA approves a therapeutically equivalent Rx drug, or if an OTC drug containing abiraterone acetate (the active ingredient in YONSA®) becomes available, the Program will exclude patients residing in California
Terms and Conditions
- You agree to not seek any reimbursement for all or any part of the co-pay assistance received through the Program. By using this card, you are certifying that you understand the Eligibility Rules and Terms and Conditions, that you have responded truthfully to questions when activating the card, and that you will disclose and report your receipt of any Program benefits to your insurer, health plan, or any third party that pays or reimburses you for the cost of medications, if required
- This offer may be rescinded, revoked, or cancelled at any time without further notice, and the rules may be amended at any time without further notice
- If a patient obtains coverage from such a government program after enrolling in this Program, he/she will not be eligible to continue in the Program
- This Program is not insurance
- The Program is void where prohibited by law, taxed, or restricted. Any benefit provided is non-transferable, and cannot be combined with any other program, free trial, discount, prescription savings card, or other offer. No purchase, other than for a YONSA® prescription, is required to participate
- Personal data that you provide to the Program may be collected, analyzed, and shared with the Program sponsor for market research and other lawful purposes, but only in aggregated and de-identified form